Saturday 12 November 2011

Simone's Closet














Simone Velthuis - 25 years old from Amsterdam
Student Organic Chemistry 

Designer/ Brands: Samsoe Samsoe, ACNE, Opening Ceremony, Filippa K and BZR

Inspiration: The Streets and streetfashion-blogs like The Facehunter

Style Icon: Alexa Chung 

Clothing: Pants, Pantalon, JEANS

Store: Trade Studio @ Haarlem, Clinic @ Antwerp

Color: White

Fragrance: The Rose by Paul Smith

Make-up: All Chanel

Own Style: Clean, relaxed, casual with a preppy feel to it.

Fashion Understatement: The average Dutch woman has this practical look. Always, Why???
You know the type with the leggings over a skirt, 3/4 pants, uggs, too tight clothing... I mean WHY???

Bad Buy: I always try to buy heels. Every time I do, I never wear them and give them away to my friends.
I have one pair left, which are technically not heels. A pair of heeled dessert boots, so called wedges.
Aghum....... :-)


Ultimate Styling Tip: Invest in basics and do not make it complicated for yourself. Look at you body, be honest, do not follow trends, but dress your body. Like the Parisienne do, fitted top, wide bottom. Fitted bottom, wide top!
You can't go wrong with that!

And again this week, I met an inspiring woman.
Such a pretty intelligent girl, who is always surrounded by men.
You do not meet a lot of girls when you study organic chemistry and stand in a lab all day.
So she loves to wear great clean cut clothes and look sexy without heels. 
I think that is an achievement already :-)
(not that you always have to wear heels to look sexy, for the critic among us)

Thank you Simone for welcoming me in your student room/home
and share your Closet with me/ us!

Bisou Anna

Photographed by Judith Anna Pronk
Please Follow with Facebook & Twitter 

4 comments:

  1. again some gorgeous photos, love the jeans photo so much! love the old vibe of her home and it feels still very young and fresh! oh and one speculaas for me please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well done....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how feminine her bedroom is, with the pearl hangers and silky cami's! Chanel make-up and desert boots? I'm going to have to steal her style!

    Great post!

    Girl about Town XxX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Henny zei...
    Een bijzondere mooie vrouw, stijlvol, intelligent.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think.
Please leave acomment
BISOU ANNA